Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Week, New Store, New Challenges!


Wow!  What a weekend!   While many people play, catch up on chores, and relax a bit (or so I imagine in my dream world),  weekends are my heaviest work days at my library job.   And right now is one of the busiest times of the year.  I work for an online library service that's open 24/7 and, in addition to all the other questions that come in, students are working to complete research papers due before the Thanksgiving holidays.  But I'm really happy to have that work and I've always loved being a librarian.   But I digress...


This weekend was extra hectic, and extra special, because I opened my "Sharyl's Jewelry" ArtFire studio and stayed up nearly all Friday night loading items to sell. 


My son, Andrew Nelson, gets credit for my new banner, and the button version shown below and on the right side of my blog screen.






Do you recognize that piece of jewelry from last week?   I told you that you'd be seeing it again!  I showed my graphic artist (son) a group of photographs of my jewelry, and he went straight for this piece!  Oh, the irony!


Unfortunately, I haven't advanced much in adding more items to the studio since the Friday all-nighter because of all the library work, "I heart macro Sunday," and a bit of jewelry-making.   Today, I'll be splitting my time between jobs, so my time is limited, but I'll keep at it!   


In the meantime, I wanted to update you about things and let you know about 2 challenges I'm involved in this month.


Challenge #1

I just completed the jewelry work on one this morning and photographed it, but haven't loaded the photos yet.  I'll show you next time.  


It's the Art Bead Scene November monthly challenge.   I hope my entry is accepted--that's my first goal.  I hope some folks like it, that's my 2nd goal.   I don't have to win anything to feel like a winner this time.   I just feel pretty good that I completed the jewelry on time and hope it meets the criteria for entry.


In getting the link to show you the challenge, I just saw this week's winner, and that necklace awesome!  


So check out the details for the challenge and this week's winner.  The challenge goes on all month!    If you haven't already applied, you may want to join me!


Challenge #2


The second challenge I'm involved with this month is the 
"Challenge of Color"
Blog Hop. (There is a button for it on the right side of the screen.) We each picked a color.  I selected blue (which at the time was sort of a royal blue.  I was already planning things out in my head!  I had all sorts of beads for this color!)   Then we were given a photograph and set of colors which which to create our jewelry.  I don't think I'm allowed to show you just yet, but I think it's okay to say that the colors involve those found in a bird's nest and light blue eggs--not at all the shades of blue I had in mind, but very pretty and more challenging to say the least.   (But tell me, did they know about me and the birds, or what???)   So I got my beads gathered for that, made a bit of a start before  the store opening, but need to get back to it to meet the deadline.  You'll have to wait until the Blog Hop Nov. 30 to see that one!  


Well, time for me to get back to work--library first, then adding more items to the store.   Please drop by when you have a chance and watch things appear.  There will be  some you've seen on the blog, and some you've never seen. 


As always, I'll appreciate any feedback and suggestions you have!   And again, I'd like to thank all of you for your support in helping me get to the point where I could finally open shop.   


Thanks, and hope YOU have a great week!  


Sharyl


P.S.  I had this ready to post Monday morning, but left it sitting here in draft stage all day while I worked!  Better late than never??


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Credit:


Climbing stairs:  http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbEPWmyJXmUw-aFKek_J_rLlBOWaZ4HwyXHW-iOFpxIimdWvCabw

1 comment:

Mary C said...

Best wishes for success with your new store! I have a small shop at Etsy, so I do know how long it takes to photograph, upload, price, etc. etc. Only so many hours to a day!